When planning for a weekend getaway or vacation, most people focus on getting ready for the time away and enjoying the trip versus the importance of protecting your home.
It takes only a few minutes to run through the vacation checklist and gives you peace of mind to know that your home is safe from any water or gas leak.
Your Vacation Checklist includes:
- Turn off water supply
- Set your water heater on “vacation mode”
- Fix any active water leaks prior to leaving
- Make sure there is no food or debris in garbage disposal
- Make sure there are no dirty dishes in the dishwasher
- Set thermostat at reasonable temperature
- Leave sprinkler system on if needed
Also, if your home has multiple gas appliances you may want to shut off the gas to your home altogether.
Be sure to BOOKMARK this post & use as a reference when leaving for a little getaway. And if you know of any active leaky faucet or such – we highly recommend giving us a call to take care of it prior to you leaving.